Saturday, July 01, 2006

Lack of posts

Well, I was trying to post everyday. Guess that got away from me this week. So let's do a random notes post!

  • The weather here is very very hot. And muggy. My grandma would call it 'sultry'. As a bonus, it's been extra hazy because of soot from Canadian grass fires. It's made for nice sunsets. I understand that the sunrises have been very nice too, but I haven't really seen those.
  • Maybe Ozzie has seen some sunrises. He tries to get us up at 5a most days. Don't know if it's hunger or boredom. I remember this with both Roxane and Calypso. It'll fade. Speaking of Calypso, she's doing fine. Just wish I could get her to fight back when Ozzie jumps on her.
  • Just finished reading (well, rereading) 'Tunnel in the Sky' by Robert Heinlein. It's a book he wrote for a young teen audience back in the 50's. The premise is that a future society trains explorers by sending them on a survival course to an unknown planet. Once there, they must survive for a week to ten days at which time they can return. But something goes wrong and a hundred or so young adults are stranded. Think of this book as 'Lord of the Flies' with optimism.
  • Got to watch some baseball in a beautiful park this week as the Sox went to Pittsburgh. The All-Star game is there in a couple of weeks so you can see it then. Baseball has really gone through a renaissance of ballparks in the last fifteen years. I hope that the Twins are paying close attention as they plan their new one.
  • Some doings are afoot at work. There is some shuffling going on with accounts and I'm not sure how that will shake out for yours truly, but I'm not worried about it. In fact, I'm kind of glad. My method at work has been to play it safe and look for the easy options. It occurs to me that that may not be the best way to find the job I truly love.
  • Hope everyone has a good 4th. I'm trying to convince the FP Gal that we should watch fireworks down by the stone-arch bridge. We'll see what happens. Take care!

No comments: