Friday, July 21, 2006

Random stuff (again)

Slow week from me huh? Just haven't felt like blogging. Three reasons. First it's been hot, humid and still for most of the last two weeks. That combo takes it out of me. Give me some clouds and drizzle. (Actually we had a nice thunderstorm Wednesday morning but I need more.) Second, I've had to fight traffic while coming home from work. 55 minutes to go 11 miles is just wrong. Must be the smalltown boy in me. And thirdly, my White Sox have not been playing well the last couple of weeks. Ugh.
But I'm still around and finding stuff I find interesting:
  • I'm jealous of this guy. What an amazing adventure that must have been. (Make certain to watch the video.)
  • When planning a wedding, please be careful of the sports fans. Here's an article that will make that planning go a little easier. (I don't agree with all of it. I'll miss any college football game you want me to. But at the same time, keep your eyes off of the first few Saturdays in October. That's when playoff baseball is on!)
  • The ref is blind? Well, you're half right. Seems a Big Ten football official became blind in one eye after an accident in 2000. Six years later, the Big Ten has found and isn't very happy. My perspective? I don't think he'd be that limited. He wouldn't be able to see things off to whichever side he's blinded on, but you can't really focus that way anyway. I don't really want penalties coming from things you only see out of the corner of your eye anyway.
  • What do you do with a drunken sailor? Especially earl-eye in the morning? (I once helped one buy some red panties but that was late at night.)
  • And speaking of bachelor parties, what is the ring on Jodi's finger? To be honest, I don't know either. If she's actually engaged, she hasn't told us. My theory? She's using it to decode important dietary messages.
  • The long proposed family (and friends) reunion cruise has officialy been moved from 2007 to 2008. If you haven't heard of this before, I'm very sorry. And you're invited. It'll be Alaska, August of '08. Anyway, I ran across this related article and found it useful in a clip and save kind of way.
I kind of expect the blogging to pick back up now. I'm within shouting distance of my 500th post and I'm going to use that to motivate myself.

3 comments:

MamaD4 said...

Oh my God, we were just discussing those panties the other day! How funny! They are in storage in San Diego. I never could wear them after I saw pictures of them being handled by everyone (or on their heads). Sorry about the traffic. Sounds like San Diego. It's been nice not having road rage for the past year. Very refreshing.

Peder said...

Frankly I'm surprised that you still have those!

MamaD4 said...

Well, they were purchased for me by a very special person on the eve of a very special occasion. I'm sentimental that way...