Thursday, March 22, 2007

Strange dreams

In my early morning dozing I somehow became convinced that the bed had piles and piles of dirty dishes on it. I had to move very slowly as I rolled over otherwise I'd knock one of them over. I remember the fear of hearing all those plates and cups smashing. The FP Gal got up at some point (5am?) and did something that convinced me that the bed was clear and I could stop worrying.
While telling her about this (at a reasonable hour) she told me that she dreamt she'd been working my job. Apparently someone had had their luggage shipped to them and needed to cancel the shipment. She'd never heard of someone doing this and didn't know what to do. No one was sitting close enough to her to help out (and she didn't think to call the support desk).
Work dreams are frustrating, and can be exhausting, but it's rare to dream you're doing your spouse's job. I've never had a hint of a dream of filming weddings, for instance. She did just start in an office where she takes calls and wears a headset so it's not hard to find the link there. But dishes? I know that they hold a somewhat mystical place in some branches of my family but I've always thought myself immune.
More details as they follow.

1 comment:

DD4 said...

One of my favorite sayings is: You can never have too many dishes!