Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Vikings/Packers

A few thoughts on the game last night...
  • This Viking defense looks good. The long pass in the first half was well covered, even though completed. There were few obviously wide open receivers and that's a great improvement. The running game was stout again.
  • The Vikes passing game? Eh. At least in the first half. By the third quarter it showed signs of life. Made me wonder if it was the result of Jackson missing the second half of preseason. He showed flashes of capability.
  • Of course he Favred it at the end. Maybe it was something of a tribute interception.
  • Adrian Peterson is still a bull. The problem he ran into late last year was an inability to do anything against an 8 man front. He'd dance and get tackled. Last night he put his head down and moved the pile. Any positive yardage is a good thing.
  • The Packers won this on special teams. That will probably be a weakness for the Vikes this season.
  • I picked the Vikes to win the division and I can still see it. There needs to be improvement, but you can see where it would come from. Meanwhile, the Pack wasn't dominant and a competent first half offense from the Vikes would have changed the game's outcome.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I've been a lifelong Vikings fan, and although I do not pretend to know the first thing about football, I DO know that when they win, it's just an added bonus. I keep my hopes down and get surprised. I like it like that.

MommyLisa said...

I am worried what next week will bring - I mean COME ON next up the Colts.

Hopefully they don't get too down from a season opening losing streak.

What can I say - I can't stand Tony Dungy, but I LURVE me some Peyton Manning - if he plays, that is...He is one of the five on my list.