Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Random Wednesday thoughts

Guess these will be mostly baby related.
  • Morning comes early here on Walton Mountain. We're either back in teething mode or there are some social anxiety issues going on. We don't know which so she gets some Tylenol before bedtime and we'll try to ignore the late night screams. Well some of them.
  • Man, even typing that last feels cold. I used to work with a woman who had a three year old that couldn't sleep unless it was in bed with Mommy and Daddy. I don't want that. In fact, I'm afraid of that. So we get to be a bit cold hearted.
  • Related to the 2am yelling, I'm starting to have repeated insomnia. If I'm up for more than a minute or two then my brain turns all the way on and I can't get back to sleep. About two nights a week I get four hours split in some way. Not sure what to do but I'm not relying on that creepy sleeping butterfly.
  • It's not all complaints. In fact, outside of the sleeping stuff she's becoming easier and easier to spend time with during the day. Today she discovered the piano. The FP Gal is developing the pictures but I'm sure she'll post when she's got them. She mashes keys and that's expected. Surprisingly she also likes to play individual notes.
  • She's also to brave for her own good. The other day we found her standing on one of her toys so she could see out of the window. Twice today she fell off of tubs that we have in her playroom. It's probably only a matter of time before she climbs out of the crib. Then she'll creep downstairs, find the keys and go joyriding in the car. I'll put the time on this at about 20 months.
  • This means that we've also entered the bumpy headed time period. Every day there is a new bruise or scratch. No worries, this is pretty common. I had regular goose-eggs at least until third grade or so. Just feel bad for the poor thing. Well, this is how she learns, right?
  • That's it!

3 comments:

Meigan said...

Fun update. I'm sorry about the sleeping thing. My kids who are old enough to know better have been waking up in the middle of the night several times this week. Which is why I'm too tired to post on my own blog so I'm just reading others' tonight...

MamaD4 said...

Our neighbors all sleep together. Mom, Dad, 3-year-old, baby. I can't imagine that. When Hans is gone, one or the other usually winds up in bed with me, but that's only when he's gone. I have problems with sleeping too, which is why I take two Tylenol PM before bed every night.

Hope your sleep gets better!

Kate said...

Bumpy head times? I don't think mine have ended yet....