Daily bits of my life. Friday pictures. And a neverending series of reading projects.
Online dating
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
As I mentioned, the FP Gal and I met online. We both feel it's a good method when it works well. Seems it didn't work out well for this guy (h/t Corner). Wow, I can only feel pity for any girl that he finally does end up with.
I would have deleted him the minute I read the word "Hampton's". Egregious overuse of apostrophes is an enormous turnoff for me. Actually, I had an e-mail (on Match) from a guy who claimed he worked in a "mail-dominated" industry. I don't think he was a postman, delete! Hans' e-mail was absolutely perfect. No punctuation or grammatical errors. That's entirely why I chose him! Well, that and his picture was devestatingly handsome! God bless match.com!
Ay yi yi....My "favorite" Match emails were from guys who liked to take shirtless pictures of themselves - ??? And also those that were in to Nascar, ATVing, hunting and hanging out at bars...Did they READ my profile? Sheesh....thankfully there was Steve. :)
I kept getting emails from women with children even though I'd marked that I wasn't looking for that arrangement. Not quite as bad as getting emails from girls into hunting, Nascar, etc. And no shirtless pics either. And Rachel, you're right about punctuation and spelling. It's a turn off for me too. Good thing my sweetie is good at that kind of thing. Pretty good over all, really.
Yeah, Hans and I joked around via e-mail about that when we first met. I remember saying that I was glad that his picture was normal (if you consider a picture of Hans SMILING to be normal) and not a picture of him shirtless and sitting on the hood of his Fiero. I got a lot of older men, too, not that I've got a problem with that, but when I've set my limit at 35, hello--55 years old is nowhere close to 35! C'mon, people!
Actually, the thought of Hans shirtless on the hood of a Fiero is really making me bust up this morning...! I probably wouldn't have dated him if he had a Fiero anyway, because (as he can also admit to) I am a huge car snob. I don't need a Mercedes, but I couldn't handle say, a Firebird, Camaro or Fiero. Yuck. VW is just about perfect. Can you tell that I miss Hans? I have to come and comment everyday about him. Sniff.
Ok, so we called at 530a. They told us to call back at 930a. We both think that it's borderline cruelty, but this is how hospitals operate (no pun intended). UPDATE: We're still not at the hospital. We've called a few times but they don't have room for us yet. Apparently some line-jumpers went into labor or something so we have to wait. Next call to the hospital is 130p. Update, again: Not yet and it doesn't look good for today. We'll call again at 4p and see how it looks. Another update: We're going in! The fun begins at 7p. Further updates later.
As you doubtlessly know, airports are known by a unique three letter code. Traditional initials also have three letters. I propose a game. Go here , to an airport code website and enter your initials. Then come back and leave a comment regarding which city you are connected to. The person with the largest city wins! I'll start (and create examples). PGD (me) - Punta Gorda, FL (per Wikipedia the population is 16,762) ARD (Relia) - Alor Island, Indonesia (Wikipedia puts the population at 168,000) FPG (FP Gal) - no known airport (Wikipedia thinks that lots of people don't live at airports but for the purpose of this game she gets a score of 0) So go ahead and give it a try. Leave your answers in the comments. Wikipedia look up available upon request. I honestly have no idea who will win this but I'm curious.
One of my beliefs in regard to the quality of movies is that it takes some time to really tell what was good and what wasn't. Some movies give a quick 'wow' but they don't age well. Others bug you on the first viewing, but keep gnawing at you to rewatch. Ten years should be enough time to really have the handle on a year's worth of films. With your help, I'm going to try and figure out what movie was the best of the year 2000. Here is what I want, please nominate some of the best movies from that year. I'm aiming to create a list of ten dramas and five comedies. Please leave a comment with up to five contenders. I'll compile a list and we'll narrow it down to the finalists so we can start reviewing in January. The list will be open so you can watch along. The more nominations the better so don't be shy! I'm going to put a few rules in place to keep it from being crazy. The movie must be out on DVD. I'm hoping that won't be t...
Comments
And Rachel, you're right about punctuation and spelling. It's a turn off for me too. Good thing my sweetie is good at that kind of thing. Pretty good over all, really.
Agreed that spelling and punctuation is very important. ESPECIALLY when it is in your profile!! doh
Wow - look at us 3 (well 2 married, 1 nearly married) Match success stories on one blog. Who knew?