Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yes, it's cold

(Note, the picture isn't from Minneapolis. It just illustrates my feelings every morning that I leave a warm house and deal with winter. As God is my witness, my years in this state are numbered.)
The windchill this morning was somewhere around -40. Got Relia to daycare without problem. Then stopped on the way into work to get some Coke Zero and a Powerball ticket. Went back out to Pagoda and she wouldn't start. Had the same problem a few weeks back, too.
Called the good people of AAA and they came out and jumped the car. They asked me how old the battery is and I had to admit that it's the same one that came with the car, nearly five years ago. How often should you change those things anyway? Long story short, there is some battery shopping in my near future.

1 comment:

DD4 said...

My experience is to get a new battery about every four years. It would be especially important for you as your car doesn't spend nights in a garage.