Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day at the Mall

Our regular Thursday routine is getting a bit dull. Relia and I hang out at home, mostly watching TV and/or sleeping. Today we shook things up a bit. I took her out to the MOA.
It went very well. She spent the third floor awake and looking at me. We checked out the fourth floor to see what was still open. Someone should open a ghost town themed restaurant up there because it would fit right in. The smoking ban has really done a number on it.
Back to the lower levels. We stopped at the calendar store so I could get another one for my desk. I've found that it takes three (page a day, monthly and annual) to work well. Relia wanted something with kittens, I wanted cheesecake. We settled on 'Italian pictures'.
Down to the lower level where we had a scary moment. I stopped at the 'Rosetta Stone' kiosk to price their products. Very reasonably priced (if you're a multi-national corporation). We moved out into the mail aisle and found...my nemesis.
I had an immediate fight-or-flight reaction. Is it illegal to ram a mascot with a stroller? He looked at me and I looked right back. He stuck out a flipper. It could have been a trick but what else could I do? I shook it. His companion (handler?) gave me some coupons for Underwater World and they hurried away. It had been a close one, but we made it.
Got her back home without incident. It was a good day.

2 comments:

DD4 said...

I'm sure Aurelia had a good time at the Mall of America. Not every four month old can boast about that!

Aurelia, Grandma misses you!

MommyLisa said...

The mall is an EXCELLENT place for babies and toddlers. So much to look at!!!

Weird we saw Sharky there too last time. Maybe the smoking ban has hit the aquarium too? ;)