Saturday, January 05, 2008

One more thing/Sports fan cred

Just one more thing about the crash and then I'll put this maudlin subject away for another year. The accident happened on a Sunday morning. They choppered Rachel out and then loaded me into an ambulance and off to Owatonna. They decided I was swelling up too fast and decided to intubate. I fought them so they had to put me under.
I woke up hours later, unable to talk because my mouth was full of tubes. They gave me a notepad and I asked how my passengers were. Second question? Who won the football games?
When the FP Gal puts me in a clinic for sports addiction, this will be the story she tells them.

2 comments:

read reed said...

yes Peder that was a bad day --It was a long drive to Rochester that day as we did not know how any of you were Thank God you were all alive Lots of prayers were said that day. I remember Hans asked you (your face was all bloody & you were laying flat)if there was anything you wanted & you said "strippers!" I volunteered but you did not take me up on it!!
I am happy that life is so good for you now--Meeting Sarah & having Aurelia is a great blessing!

Peder said...

Liz, the FP Gal has nominated this comment as the funniest of the year. I know it's early, but it will probably stand up. Note to everyone: if you want strippers that aren't related to you, don't end up in a Catholic hospital.