Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Random Tuesday night thoughts

  • We had nice weather over the last few days with highs of 25, 36 and 42. We might have climbed up to one degree today (low of -16). Holy cats, I'm tired of this weather! The daily average high and low for the month? 22 and 4.
  • Current temp in Honolulu? 75 (but windy).
  • Meant to mention this in my review of 'Chinatown', this movie was supposed to be the start of a trilogy. They made another part of the series with 'The Two Jakes'. The third plot was taken for a different film, 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit'. How weird is that?
  • The Twins traded the best pitcher in baseball today to the Mets for four prospects. A lot of people think this points to the inequities in the payroll system but I don't see it. Not that there aren't big problems with the uncapped system but this wasn't a symptom of it. The Twins had a very nice run and now they need to reload. All but the richest teams go through this and now it's their turn. The signings of Morneau and Cuddyer show that they can keep some young talent, just not all of it. (The trade itself? Hard to see how the Twins didn't get fleeced.)
  • Since I'm talking sports, I may as well put my Superbowl prediction out there. Rather than go boldly and pick the Giants, I'm going to go the cowardly route. I think the extra week lets them rest some lingering problems and get healthier (especially in the secondary). I think they keep it close but lose. That's my pick, Giants cover but the Pats get the trophy.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Are you getting the cold snap we heard about?

Peder said...

Cold snap barely covers it.