Saturday, January 12, 2008

Playoff picks

On to week two of the playoffs. I got three right last week, only missing the one I thought was the easiest. Again, apologies to the good people of the Tampa Bay area.
First up is the Seahawks/Packers game. This is probably causing stress at my sister's place (cute pic though). Who do I think will win? If both teams played last week and it was being played at a neutral site, I'd call this a toss up. However, the Packers had a week off and a drunken, boisterous crowd at their backs. I'd pick them if I had money riding on it. I'll cheer for the 'Hawks.
Tonight we get Jaguars/Patriots. The line for this game is 13 points. I'll be very surprised if the Patriots win by fewer than three touchdowns. This is probably the most certain game of the weekend.
Tomorrow's early game brings the Chargers to Indianapolis. I'll take the Colts, thank you. They're just a better team.
The divisional round finale is Giants/Cowboys. I thought the Giants would lose last week and was very wrong. I still think it this week for what it's worth. If I was going to pick an upset, this would be it. I'm guess I'm saying I'd pick Dallas outright but bet the under.

UPDATE: The Packers hosted a snow game and it was beautiful to watch. Or would have been if our cable wasn't jumpy. For the record, we've had more bad cable days in the last six months than Jodi and I did with two years of dish service.

1 comment:

Meigan said...

Our cable was horrible too.

And shame on you for cheering for the 'Hawks.