Thursday, October 16, 2008

Car Idea

My current car is low. I'm also a short person. That combination makes it hard for me to see over parked cars when I'm at an intersection. Because of where we live I have to make left turns onto one-way streets fairly often. Too often I have to tell the FP Gal a quick 'I love you' and turn quickly while hoping that some other low car isn't firing down the left lane.
This weekend the solution hit me. My car needs a periscope. It wouldn't need to be that high, another foot would give me much more visibility. The upper end could almost sit right on top of the roof of my car.
The FP Gal isn't impressed by this idea. She worries that it would suffer the same troubles as some sun/moon roofs. She thinks it would leak. I countered that if they can leak proof them on submarines, a car shouldn't be that difficult.
To the good people of Saturn, I'm available as a test subject if you want to try this out.

3 comments:

Alfred T. Mahan said...

You could also test out Dave Barry's idea of atomic land torpedoes to deal with aggravating drivers (after a background check by MnDot, of course). You'd have the complete package; just slap in the Das Boot soundtrack and away you go!

MamaD4 said...

Why is that one Simpson's episode in which Homer builds his dream car coming to mind?

Peder said...

I don't really need to destroy other drivers. Well...at least not most of them. Hmmm, maybe I do need the torpedoes.