Saturday, October 18, 2008

Down to Austin

We shot down to Austin for a quick trip this morning. There was very heavy fog on the way down, unusual for late morning. We went down to see the leaves. Also, I've been wanting to show off the Nature Center to the FP Gal. Stopped and picked up my dad and out we went. The place looks like much as it always did. It's one part of Austin that I miss.
Afterwards we ate at the Tendermaid. Yum. Mom was there with her Red Hat Ladies (or whatever the name is). One of them complimented my beard...which was odd. Lunch was good and it was nice that Relia got to see both her Grandma and Grandpa on my side today.
We stopped by Todd Park and let Relia play for a while before we left. Did you know that the Circus is gone? The replaced it with a smaller, more child friendly set. The robot is still there but he's been painted! Instead of a solid tomato red, he's...stripped. Stop messing with my childhood!
Then back up and long naps for all involved.

3 comments:

I Love Barbershop said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Meigan said...

Yes, I knew about the circus being gone. I'm sure it was a rust thing. I thought I blogged about it back in June, butI only posted pictures of the robot slide.

Did FP gal like the nature center? Still one of my favorite places on the planet. That and the Tendermaid. You guys had a fun day! (and the leaves are so gorgeous right now - great day for a drive)

carrster said...

Aww - we visit the Nature Center very frequently when we are in Austin. I often think of the long nights we all spent out there - particularly the huge-ass turkeys on the lookout tower thingy. And of course the Matchbox hauntings. *sigh*

I did NOT know about the "Circus" being gone! Boy the goose eggs that slide gave me. The robot always creeped me out a bit but I liked it. And striped? Weird. That's just weird.