Saturday, October 04, 2008

Cooler weather

We've had mostly cool weather since Labor day. The blankets have come out on the bed and the couch. This is wonderful news for the cats.
Sana is back to cuddling with us at night. She loves to lay on the pillow above the FP Gal's head. She purrs very loudly and I think that improves the sleeping atomsphere.
Ozzie is back to burrowing. Every evening he creeps up to the blanket crumpled at the foot of the couch. He works his way underneath until he's built his own little cave. You must be very careful when sitting down.
It's tricky for us, especially with Relia. The morning temps this last week were right around 40 degrees. In the afternoon it rose up to the 70's and then sank again at night. For adults you recommend layering. That's not as easy with a child who would really rather run around as a naked savage.
Today, for the first time I wondered how she'll deal with snow for the first time. I'm not hoping we get at least one good heavy snow so we can build a snowman. How great will that be?

2 comments:

I Love Barbershop said...

Thanks, Peder for sending the Astronomy site. I used to have it in my favorites and forgot about it.

I would be willing to bet that Relia will love the snow as much as the sprinkler in Barb and Ken's yard.

Give her a hug from Great Aunt Janet!

Kate said...

Oh, watching a child in the snow is one of the gifts of life I wouldn't miss for the world. I'm hoping for snowman snow for you. If only for her.