Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Near Thing

We went over the FP Gal's parents house tonight to celebrate my MIL's birthday. Before eating we gathered in their living room to chat. Suddenly there was a commotion as a giant moth was spotted right outside the window. I only caught a quick glimpse as I ran out of the room. From what I could see it had about a two foot wingspan and huge fangs. Later the FP Gal helpfully told me that it also had an enormous tongue.
I hurried into the kitchen to find Relia and protect her. Or alternately to use her as a shield in case the foul beastie got in the house. Everyone else went to look, even going outside at one point. Fortunately, there were no injuries.

6 comments:

Sarita said...

Coulda been this one
(Peder! Don't click on the link!)

MamaD4 said...

Wow, the feelers on that thing are really long! I'll bet it would take more than a rolled-up newspaper to kill that! More like a shovel...possibly a cannon.

Annika has been playing with that butterfly costume that Aunt Donna found and offered to Aurelia. It's so cute...I couldn't figure out why you wouldn't keep it, then Hans reminded me of your phobia.

I'm glad that no one was hurt at your MIL's birthday!

Sarita said...

Yes the costume is both adorable and horrifying (aren't Halloween costumes supposed to be scary?) It was also pretty big on Relia, so I'm glad Annika can enjoy it.

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Were there two little Japanese twins singing to summon it or something, Peder? Sounds as though you needed Godzilla to fight it!

Kate said...

It wasn't a bat?

Anonymous said...

You missed it when Barb picked up Aurelia and said "let's go scare the moth away for daddy."

I was torn between feeling creeped out and fascinated.

It didn't react to a bat that flew by, but it was scared off by an airplane!