Monday, October 06, 2008

Season over

The White Sox lost today 6-2 and that puts an end to the season. Last week I said they were good but not great and I still think that. Tampa looks like a better team and sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other squad. Now that they've beaten my team, I'll cheer for them to win the whole darn thing.
2007 was tough because the White Sox were so bad that the season was realistically done in May. Obviously this year lasted much longer and was better because of it. In fact, I don't remember such a tight race as this in recent years. From late July the Twins and White Sox were locked together. The White Sox briefly had a 2.5 game lead, I think the largest the Twins had was 1. Most days it was just half a game one way or the other.
They gave us drama and suspense. They introduced some young players who should provide a good core for years to come. I got no complaints.
See you in February, guys.

No comments: