Saturday, December 12, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside


The FP Gal made a Christmas CD that gets heavy rotation in my car this time each year. This is really the first time that Relia has been old enough to interact with Christmas music. One of the songs, as you probably gathered from the above video and title of the blog post, is 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'. Relia calls it the 'it's cold, baby' song and loves it when it comes on. It's one of the FP Gal's favorites too, and she really wishes that I'd learn the male lyrics so we can sing it together.
What is it about Christmas that brings out the gimmicky songs? If I had to pick a holiday that would be the king of jokey songs it would probably be Halloween but Christmas probably beats it 10 to 1. No idea why, but that does seem to be the case.
We probably all have our favorites and least favorites. The FP Gal loves, 'I Wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas' and can't stand 'Blue Christmas'. I still get a kick out of 'Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer' but will be happy to never hear 'All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth' again. Go ahead and share your faves and dislikes if you want.

2 comments:

Alfred T. Mahan said...

I despise both of your two favorite songs. Sorry , but there it is. To be fair, I also share your distaste for that obnoxious song, Peder, so we have something in common.

In fact, I stab the button when virtually any Christams "novelty" song comes on the radio. A pox on such infernal tootlings!

AML said...

The worst of the worst, in my opinion, is the Chipmunks singing "Christmas time is here." Painful.