Thursday, December 17, 2009

European Vacation Suggestions

Unfortunately, my brother and sister-in-law (and three wonderful kids) are going to be in Germany for another year. This is unfortunate because, well, we miss them over here. Our (with) family situation pretty much makes it impossible to go and visit them. Unlikely anyway.
The one plus is that this gives them another year to scoot around Europe and see the place. In that spirit, I offer some vacation suggestions.
Some more personal suggestions for me:
  • Castle Hill in Budapest. Looks like a fun place, fun for the family too. It reminds me of my old Lego castle sets.
  • Take a short cruise! Royal Caribbean has their hot deals page here. Scroll down to the Europe section and you'll find plenty of four and five night cruises in Scandinavia for very affordable prices.
  • Neuschwanstein Castle, the inspiration for Disney.
  • Loch Ness and the Inverness area. Monster watching for the kids, gorgeous scenery for everyone. And while you're at it, you could try and get there using the Chunnel.
I hope this helps!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Neuschwanstein is wonderful (I spent my 22 birthday there) an easy way to get 2 castles in in one trip. Ludwig built it not far from his other castle, you can see one from the windows of the other. It's a LOT of hiking though. straight up hill to the entrance and more to get to a spectacular bridge that looks back at the castle. One of my favorite days ever!