Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dude, Where's my Thunderstorm?

The last few days have had the same forecast: partly cloudy in the morning and thunderstorms swooping in during the afternoon/evening. Well, we didn't get a storm yesterday and I don't see one on the horizon for tonight. Foiled again!
Last Thursday there was an ugly, ugly looking storm cell that approached. The wind was strong and the air had that particular tightness that it gets when big weather is a comin'. The sky turned yellow and I started wondering if I should move the bouncy seat into the basement. And then it went around us!
And maybe I shouldn't complain about that since the whole storm caused lots of damage and a few deaths. I'm really not looking for anything bad like that to happen. But I do want some thunder and lightning!

4 comments:

Meigan said...

Yeah, don't complain. I drove back to WI in it last night. From Madison to Racine at 35 mph. Came home to a tree down in my front lawn.

Peder said...

Sorry about that Meigan! Still, I want a nice little thunderstorm. Is that to much to ask?

carrster said...

I want a thunderstorm too - without the damage & destruction of course....

Kate said...

I don't know what the air pressure around the river does, but storms seem to always surround us like we're in a bowl of clouds and they just scoot right by. I'm not complaining though. I'm terrified of storms.