Thursday, June 10, 2010

Jobs I Would Like to Have

Sometimes I think there might be something better for me out there. And then I read articles like this one (h/t HardballTalk):
Shpunt says he is a scientist and a healer, not a magician. His method could not guarantee the Dodgers would win, he says, but it could make a difference.

"Maybe it is just a little," he said. "Maybe it can help."


In the five years he worked for the Dodgers, he attended just one game. Instead, he watched them on television in his home more than 3,000 miles from Dodger Stadium, channeling his thoughts toward the team's success.
For this very difficult job he was paid well, with a bonus of 'six figures or higher' depending on the team's success. It wasn't necessary for him to attend any games. He simply watched them from a Boston suburb and directed some king of energy. He said he couldn't win games but he could improve their chances by 10-15%. Over a full season that would be 16-24 games improvement. Which is a lot.
Hey, Kenny Williams, I'm available to send energy if you'd like. Heck, I'll even attend games if you think that'd help . . .

No comments: