Sunday, January 21, 2007

Playoffs - Championship games

(Forgot to put this up here.) Last week I missed all four games. I take full responsibility for that, and I apologize to all of the home teams. Especially the Chargers who really looked like someone cursed them. The coin went 3-1 against the spread. And looked very smug all week long.

This week's picks are the opposite of my rooting interest. I'll go with the Bears to win at home. The record of warm weather/dome teams going on the road to a cold location in the playoffs is not good. I'll look for the Saints to keep that going this year. In some ways this game is really unfair to the Bears. They didn't do anything to deserve being cast as the villains in this story. But that's what happens in sports.
The late game is the interesting one. Colts/Pats is the modern football version of Red Sox/Yankees. The Pats have beaten the Colts everytime it's mattered in recent years and I expect today to be the same. That's not the way I'm rooting but there you go.

That smug coin? Picking the Saints and the Colts.

No comments: