Saturday, January 13, 2007

Playoffs

Ok, so last weekend I went 2-2 against the spread. The coin was also 2-2. Not so good. All four games close to the spread until late. Let's see if I can do better this week (and beat a randomizing gimmick).

Colts at Ravens (Ravens -4)
The Colts playoff struggles are legendary and they'll continue today. The Ravens defense is too good and this could turn ugly early. Baltimore could have the best team in the NFL this year. Unless the Ravens continually shoot themselves in the foot, they cover easy.

Eagles at Saints (Saints -5)
If this was at a neutral site, I'd favor the Saints by a fieldgoal or so. Being at the crazy Superdome, I'll give them another few points. This should be a very entertaining game, and I don't see anyone outside of the Philidelphia area rooting for the Eagles. I'll take the Saints.

Seahawks at Bears (Bears -8.5)
When they met earlier in the year, the Bears won going away. In the last few months, Chicago's QB situation has gone to hell. If Grossman had tripped down some steps and sprained his ankle on Monday, this would be a two touchdown game. As it is, most people expect him to provide Seattle's best opportunities. I don't see it that way. The Bears have had two weeks of people doubting them. They were embarrassed by the way the played against the Packers. I expect them to come out and blow the Seahawks off of the field (sorry Heidi). I'll take the Bears.

Patriots at Chargers (Chargers -5)
Probably the best game of the weekend. If I had to put money down on one team to win the SuperBowl, it would be San Diego. And yet they have the hardest matchup this weekend. But...my sense is that New England is overrated this year. I'll go with the Chargers to win, but wouldn't be surprised if the Pats cover. Hardest pick...I'll go with the Chargers.

The coin?
Colts
Eagles
Bears
Pats

1 comment:

Brian said...

I know it is after kickoff, but I have witnesses I picked these before the game started.

I went 3-4 last week.

Bal
NO
Sea
NE