Friday, January 12, 2007

Scenes from the house

So I stopped by the grocery store after a long day at work and picked up a few things. Supper caught my eye in the freezer section and I got some alfredo broccoli. Cooked it up on the stove and served about half of it up for myself and went into the living room to eat.
We've run into a problem with our intrepid trouble-maker, Ozzie. He likes to jump up on the counter and eat any food that's up there or on the stove. We keep an eye on him, but he's sneaky. I figured that broccoli and cheese wouldn't tempt him. I was wrong. Walked back into the kitchen to find that he'd snagged a bit of broccoli and was eating it off of the floor. When I tried to get it away from him he ran away with it in his mouth. That led me to chase after him yelling, 'Put down the broccoli!'. When I picked him up he dropped it.
Let's hope it's that easy with children.

1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

Yeah, if you shake 'em around by the ankles, they usually give whatever they took back to you!