Sunday, January 14, 2007

Random Sunday Stuff

  • A nice peaceful snowfall tonight, forecast somewhere between 2-6 inches (probably closer to two). It really does make everything look nicer. Driving to work in the morning will be interesting. Hopefully everything is settled down by then.
  • Can we pass legislation limiting how long a series of commercials can be run? We could call it the 'Geico Caveman Joke Act'. Seriously, they weren't funny to begin with and no part of the continuing plot has been interesting or clever. I've got visions of some runaway advertising division that won't listen to reason. We're about a year and a half away from Caveman the movie.
  • Watched a bit of Americana tonight. The FP Gal had never seen 'Smokey and the Bear' and it was on so we watched it. Huge flashbacks to my early childhood. The TV version has been redubbed in some obvious ways. This brings about a fun game of trying to figure out what was actually said. I'm sure it wasn't 'scum-bum'. No Mr. Falcon appearances.
  • During the movie there was a commercial with Sally Field selling something to help with osteoperosis. Kind of broke the mood. I'm guessing she doesn't hop around in a Trans-Am nowadays.
  • Good football games the last two days. All four road teams covered and three of the games came down to a field goal. I was hopeful for the Seahawks but no go. Next week I'm cheering for the Colts and Saints.
  • Something like five weeks until pitchers and catchers report. Can't get here fast enough.

1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

That's so weird about the Geico commercials--I swear I said the exact same thing to Hans just the other evening. Something along the lines of "Are they ever going to retire the caveman thing? It was funny the first time...now it's just getting boring". Glad to know that I am not alone in my irritation at the caveman ads.