Saturday, March 22, 2008

Random Saturday afternoon thoughts

  • This is the NCAA Men's Basketball version, so don't read this if you don't care.
  • Lots of people think that this tournament is the best postseason of any sport. I'd probably agree with that even though October baseball can be better. There are calls to tweak the whole thing every year but I don't think it's really necessary. This first weekend is the best, one of the best on the entire sports calender.
  • For some reason I do much better with my picks on the opening Thursday than on the second day. This year I went 14-2 to open and followed with 10-6. That's very typical and I don't know why it happens.
  • Remind me next year not to pick Duke for anything significant. This morning I was actually rooting against their huge upset loss. Ick. Like cheering for the Yankees.
  • Yes, I had to take a shower.
  • Can't really call myself a huge college basketball fan, and the Big 10 network hasn't made that any easier. One huge problem I have with it is the incredible overreaction this kids make to the slightest contact. You'd think they were being hit by cannon fire. And if you slice in towards the basket and lay it in without contact you shouldn't have to fly fifteen feet into the stands.
  • Still, how can you not enjoy these kids putting it all out there, living a dream? Great stuff.

No comments: