Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rough day

Today I was the bad guy at work. The one who gets to tell all of the nice travelers why they can't do the things they want to do. The one who gets to tell them that the things they want to do will be horribly expensive. The guy who is accused of lying to them about what flights are sold out.
The last actually happened. Some poor guy wanted to change airlines at the last minute. When I told him that he couldn't fly his (suddenly) desired airline he just didn't believe me. Walked over to the departure schedule and started reading off flight numbers so I could check them. Then snottily told me that he'd check directly with them at the counter.
This is the other side of bad customer service. Everyone complains (and rightfully, understandably) when they get a bad agent. What they never seem to realize is that difficult (and manipulative!) customers are a problem too.
Thank heavens I've got a few days off.

No comments: