Tuesday, July 01, 2008

FAQ

Sometimes when I see people in real life, they ask me questions about the blog. Long time readers know my quirks and back story. Others probably just think I've suffered a heavy blow to the head (also true). I thought it would be nice to collect some of the regular questions together in case anyone here was wondering about something.

What is a 'future poltergeist'? I picked up the name from a work habit of mine, where I randomly moved stuff around on other people's desks when they weren't around. What can I say? Random acts of chaos are fun!
And the FP Gal? That's my lovely wife. I don't want her to show up on Google searches and be faulted for my opinions. She doesn't seem to care.
Then why not FP Baby? Just doesn't feel right to compare a toddler to a ghost. She has plenty of time to figure out her own ambitions.
Why the Friday pictures? Lack of energy, mostly. By Friday night I'm exhausted and don't have the energy to write anything. A picture in the morning keeps the guilt away.
It used to be cat pictures. That's not a question.
Ok, why don't you do cat pictures anymore? No specific reason. Mostly just liked the landscapes better. Should I go back to the cats?
We'll ask the questions, smart guy. Sorry.
Why the other blog? How many do you need? The other one is for more political stuff, this one is more general. There was a blog I enjoyed (mostly baseball) until the writer started in with some crackpot political stuff. It was jarring and made me like him less. I didn't want the same thing happening over here.
Why the movie reviews? That was the original point of the blog. Then it developed a life of it's own. I find it easier to write if I've got some kind of hook I can go to. That's moved more to books.
What do you hate? Moths. And certain rival sports teams.
Any current blogging goals? I try to post something daily. More often if I've got more to say.

Any other questions?

3 comments:

DD4 said...

Yes, what are you and Sarah doing over the long weekend?

Peder said...

No big plans yet.

Meigan said...

I vote to keep the landscape pictures.