Saturday, July 12, 2008

Favre in Horns?

Just so I can say this out loud so others can hear me, I do not want Brett Favre to play for the Vikings next year or any other year either. For those who haven't heard, the sweet prince of Elsinore has asked the Packers to release him so he can sign with someone else. First of all, what a crappy position he's put his team in! It was only four short months ago that he very tearfully decided to hang it up. Now that he's changed his mind, he has entirely screwed up their reasonable attempts to plan for the future. He's now responsible for making certain that his current change of mind goes as easy for them as is possible.
If he does end up a free agent, I don't want him here. I've cheered against him for too many years. It's too late to change and suddenly cheer for his success. Let him throw that courageous critical fourth quarter interception for someone else.
In fact, I'll go further. If he ends up somewhere else, like Baltimore, I hope he has a dreadful season. No injuries or anything like that, just a simple 2-14 season with the interception record put so high that it won't be challenged for the rest of my life. And athlete's foot. I hope he gets that too.

UPDATE: NFL.com has more:
Making their first public comments since Favre demanded his release this week, Thompson and McCarthy told The Associated Press on Saturday that the team had no plans to release Favre. They says Favre is welcome to rejoin the team, but he would be doing so without a defined role.
May I suggest that whatever that role is, they don't put him charge of anything that involves making decisions in a timely way.

3 comments:

MamaD4 said...

How about athlete's foot AND jock itch?

Peder said...

And...a headache!

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Given that the Beloved If Somewhat Schizo Purple already carry four QBs on the roster, if my math is correct, and Chilly's plans are apparently banked on TJack for the foreseeable future, I do not see Favre in purple either.

Weirder things have happened, of course, but I think some poetic justice would be having him end his career in Atlanta, where it began; in shame and ignominy.