Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Moving objects

This morning I couldn't find a sandal. This isn't that unusual as they've become some of Relia's favorite wandering objects. Some good heft and one really good strap to hang onto make them just about perfect for toting everywhere. (I'm sure that's what the good people that made them intended.)
Usually I can find both of them. Relia can only go so far and she never really tries to hide them. This morning was a different story. One of them was obviously in the right spot, near the door. The other one was nowhere to be seen.
I searched and searched. Looked high and low (well, mostly low). Couldn't really ask her if she knew where it was. Also, the cats were no help. Even started to think about putting on socks (ugh) and shoes.
And then, suddenly, the other sandal appeared! The FP Gal had been doing some pre-trip tidying and it ended up on the shoe shelf, theoretically where it actually belonged! Yay! We could actually go out and do something (out to the MOA, to look at fish and dodge the dreaded Sharkey).
I've got a feeling that I'll be playing this game again. Probably several times and possibly for many years.

(While I'm writing this, she's taken one of the sandals again and is trying to use it as a step to get at the FP Gal's desk. Very clever. If only she could use her powers for good rather than evil.)

1 comment:

Kate said...

My cats are no help either. And I have no one to blame for moving objects in my own home. Hrmph.