Thursday, August 28, 2008

Movie Reviews

Ok, my movie project hasn't survived fatherhood all that well. I've seen very little movies from the 70's and a few that I had on Netflix sat around for a few weeks and then went back unwatched. Guess I'm giving up on it for now. I'll get to some of the rest, certainly the well known ones, in time but the smaller forgotten ones are off my radar. There are some that I've seen and not written reviews for, so I'll just post some mini ones.

American Graffiti (1973) - The movies follow a bunch of teens at the close of the 50's on their last night in town. A great, great movie.
Touch of Class (1973) - A movie about a man who has an affair and falls in love and then struggles to decide what to do. Utterly forgettable, almost embarrasing compared to the other movies from this year.
The Sting - Probably the greatest caper movie ever. Brought back ragtime music for a time. A definite must-see. Great movie and a deserving Best Picture winner.
The Exorcist (1973)- I know this movie scares a bunch of people but it never got to me. It's well put together and certainly creepy. Eh, it's good but not great.

No comments: