Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy/Tired

Relia has decided that the words 'happy' and 'tired' are opposites. For example, we'll be in the car and she'll start to look a bit drowsy. If we ask if she's tired she says, "No, I'm happy". If the FP Gal or myself nap on the couch when she wakes us at 5a she'll repeatedly ask if we're happy. We're trying to explain that we can be both happy and tired. In fact we often are.
Tonight, after her bath we were getting her dressed for bed. She became very upset and with tears in her eyes started crying, "I'm happy! I'm happy! I'm happy!". Poor thing.
(For the record, she was out very quickly tonight. She really was tired. Maybe happy too.)

2 comments:

Micah said...

That's funny. Our children have often used "happy" as the negation of many things--hungry, hurt, etc.

Kate said...

I'd be willing to bet the "happier" she protests to be, the more tired she actually is. Ha!