Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat!

We finally got Relia out in her costume and did a little trick-or-treatin'. She is a kitty this year, with a delightful outfit that the FP Gal got second hand. We had to lean heavily on the grandparents/candy levers to get her dressed. We also added make up whiskers. I joined in on the whiskers, call it a throwback to my theater days. (I'm sure the FP Gal will add a picture.)
(yes, she did)
We chose the FP Gal's parent's neighborhood, in part so we could take her over there in costume. I'm sure the whole experience is just surreal for her. We walk up to strange houses, ring their doorbells and then they fawn over her cuteness and give her candy. I'm curious what she'll ask to go back to those houses and see if it works again.
We don't give her a lot of candy so this was a special treat for her. We'll try to ration the haul to keep her from getting sick. And . . . we just might thin the bounty ourselves. These are the lengths we're willing to go to for our daughter.

7 comments:

DD4 said...

Please hurry up and post of picture of Aurelia. I'm glad she got to go trick or treating.

Kate said...

Yeah! Pictures! Pictures! And naughty daddy, stealing candy from a baby. I'm totally telling her when she gets older.

MamaD4 said...

Very cute! Is this the first year you took her out for Halloween?

Sarita said...

My dad took her to two of the neighbors last year, just to show her off. No candy on that excursion.

Peder said...

Kate, we will simply refer to it as the 'daddy tax'. This is the fee for taking her out for candy.

Alfred T. Mahan said...

As an uncle of a small child myself, am I allowed to go "Awwww"? I forget.

Also, I told my niece that I was educating her in the ways of Hamilton's Protective Tariff when she came over with her haul, and she told me in her forthright, seven-year-old manner that it seemed like an excuse for me to eat all her peanut butter cups.

Peder said...

Andrew, feel free to awwww all that you want. And the tariff idea is a great one.