Thursday, October 08, 2009

Signs of Fall

The cool weather of the last couple of weeks has in full Fall mode. These are things that happen every year:
  • Changes in wardrobe as we try and find jackets and sweaters from last spring. This year we're trying to convince Relia that she can't wear her pink flip-flops anymore. She doesn't believe us.
  • Putting the flannel sheets and electric blanket on the bed. Every year the FP Gal turns to me and tells me I'm a genius for getting the sheets.
  • A serious hankering to watch 'Dead Poet's Society'. Is there any more Fall movie than that one?
  • Blankets back on the couch. That means a burrowing Ozzie. And nice warm feet while reading. (Never have had a cave dwellin' cat like Ozzie. It's wonderful.)
  • Start shopping for stews and heavy soups.
  • Try and figure out when to cut the lawn for the last time.
  • Leaving earlier in the morning to scrape frost off of the car. Ugh.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I don't want to put my pink flip flops away either.

So there.

I am three.