Thursday, February 18, 2010

Survivor: Heroes vs Villains

Sorry Meigan, I should have mentioned this earlier!

The latest season of Survivor is pure genius. They went back and got twenty notable players from previous seasons and then split them up into 'good guys' and 'bad guys'. This is wonderful for the long term fans of the show because it's nice to see some of these folks again. It also works because no one is starting fresh this year. All of them have televised baggage from the past.
  • Probst blog entry for last week's show is here. His insights are always interesting.
  • One of the things that I love about this season is how seriously the players take the game. There is genuine respect for the whole Survivor process and ethos out there. Makes for great TV.
  • The FP Gal and I bought two entries into the work pool. It's a random draw and I got Coach, the most annoying man in the history of the show. She got Randy, whose hatred for humanity is legendary. In his season we learned that the only soul he loved was his now dead dog. We hoped that his Fabreze Family Moment would have been 10 seconds of his stuffed dog pointed at the TV.
  • If you're curious (and I was), this season is taking place in Samoa.
  • This is such an overwhelmingly strong group that almost any of the remaining people could win. It's great to see so many of them again. Having said that, I hope that they retire everyone from future shows. Two (and sometimes three) appearances should be plenty.

2 comments:

Meigan said...

I agree on a 3-show limit! I am so sick of my husband drooling over Amanda. Again.

You may have something there with Coach. I can't see Randy taking it all. He's just too mean.

We think it's cool that none of the other players saw Russell before he showed up - they had just finished filming Samoa.

Very stoked about this season. Can't believe it's been 20 seasons. DH & I started watching it together when we were engaged. Back with Richard & Kelly & Sue!

Peder said...

Meigan, I'm drooling right along with him!