Saturday, February 20, 2010

Zombie Family

Last night Relia woke up at 1a. I had the mid-watch so I got up and went into her room. We laid there for nearly an hour, neither of us falling asleep. Then the FP Gal came in. She said that she was having trouble sleeping so she'd take over.
I went back to bed but couldn't fall back asleep. So, about 2a I went downstairs and started a movie. Not ten minutes later the FP Gal brought Relia downstairs. I let them take over my movie and I went upstairs to read.
Around 330a they came up to join me in bed. None of us had slept since 1a. We talked for a bit and then turned on a replay of the Olympics. Relia really wished that they were showing skating instead of skeleton but what can you do? (She's been very cutely skating around the house for the last week.) We turned over to the Cosby show. God bless Nick at Night. Around 430a she wanted to go back to her own bed. The FP Gal took her. I dropped off pretty quickly.
About 630a Relia was up again. The FP Gal was fast asleep in her bed, never having come back to ours. I roused myself and brought her down and fed her breakfast.
And that was our night.
These short nights our really killing us. Tonight will be my night and I'm hoping that the FP Gal sleeps all the night through. Me too. Actually, if Relia can make it all night I'm pretty sure we can do our parts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

curious, when she wakes up why do you go and get her? Or does she walk to your room?

Peder said...

She walks into our room. She figured out the door knob on her room a while back and now there's no containing her.

Anonymous said...

oh my. THat is my nightmare. Ours luckily hasn't figured out how to climb out of her crib. We are keeping there until she does or she grows out of it.

Kate said...

Poor things. All of you. Get some good sleep tonight.

Test said...

Claire goes through these phases too. We've started doing a modified bed time routine again (no reading) and sometimes that does the trick.

Good luck!