Saturday, May 08, 2010

More Bookshelves

More unusual bookshelf designs here. I was going to praise the Triangle shelves but when I reached 'A Bibliophile's Dream' I literally gasped. Yum. And I want one (or some). Not sure where in the house it would really work but . . . well . . . I'll do some serious thinking about it.

Speaking of which, why is the bookshelf market so screwed up? Take a look at bookshelves on Amazon. Most of the shelves are much too high. They're obviously designed more for knickknacks and so on than they are for books. And the prices! This beauty here goes for more than $900. Plain, red and the wrong size and it goes for nearly a grand. Other basic designs go for a minimum of $70-some bucks. These are simply boards of wood joined together? Why the enormous profit margin?
Makes me think that I'll be sticking with boards and bricks for quite some time. Or looting a school library . . .

No comments: