Sunday, May 02, 2010

Updates

What's going on?
  • I'll tell the labor story some other time. The short story is that it was brief, only painful for a short time and involved a call to the police. Also, we couldn't be happier that we chose the hospital with a short drive.
  • Felix is doing wonderfully. He came out easily and to our great surprise, with a full head of hair. I think he looked like Dom Deluise. (This is one of a very limited number of options that babies have. Others include Buddha and Winston Churchill.)
  • Relia has been very happy with her brother so far. We got some video of the actual meeting. And some great shots of her greeting him at home today.
  • I feel like I've been running for the past two days. Glad to have the FP Gal back at home.
  • We owe some serious thanks to all of the grandparents. They've been a tremendous help. The FP Gal's family (being so close) has been especially wonderful.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh! I can't wait to see the video and more pictures! But I know things are crazy right now. I will wait patiently and send good thoughts to MN!

Pat said...

A call to police?? You and your writing skills--you know how to leave the reader with an eager anticipation for the explanation. Really cannot wait to see the video of Relia. I have said this before but I will say it again--there is no doubt in my mind that she is going to be the best big sister ever. That is another thing I am eagerly anticipating--posts about Felix and Relia. Do not disappoint me, please.

Peder said...

I really should single out Ryan and Carrie for the great help they gave us on Saturday!

Carrie Moffett said...

You are welcome Peder! We had a fun time with Relia. :) I'm sure she is happy to have Sarah and Felix home. She was very concerned about when they would leave the hospital. I had to reassure her that you would not be staying in the hospital too.

I think I know what the "call to the police" refers to, but I'll leave that to you as it is your story to tell.