Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dirty Clothes

Wednesday mornings now involve Relia at preschool and DF at daycare. This gives me a few hours to catch up on sleep/get some things done around the house/regain some sanity. And today I need it.
The temps here in MN went from cool and springlike to full summer yesterday. I think that it went over 90. Anyway, sleep last night wasn't easy. My normal Tuesday night five hours became something more like three and a half. I'm kind of in zombie land.
So this morning I got food for both kids. Got DF changed and dressed. Relia was a big help by picking out her own dress and getting socks and shoes on with a minimum of fuss. I got DF's lunch packed (Relia's is provided) and out the door we went.
It wasn't until I we had arrived at daycare/preschool and I was unstrapping Relia that I noticed that her dress wasn't exactly clean. Some stains, guessing Mac & Cheese were on the chest. Not hyper noticeable but there. I said, "Oh sweetheart, this dress isn't clean."
She looked at me and simply said, "I guess it will have to do."

And so it will.

No comments: