Thursday, May 12, 2011

Overheard

This morning while driving to work, and it helps to know that after she found out that Roxane has a tree in our backyard, Relia adopted the other one as hers. Got it?

Me: I love how quickly the leaves are coming out of the trees.
Relia: My tree is waiting for its leaves.
Me: Well, that happens sometimes with smaller trees.
Relia: (thinking for a bit) But when it grows maybe it will have apples and bananas and supper!
Me: Supper?
Relia: Like eggplants. Eggplants can be supper.
Me: I, uh, don't think eggplants grow on trees.
Relia: Where do they grow?
Me: I think they grow in the ground.
Relia: (thinks a bit more) Maybe it will get little white flowers. Then we'll have apples!

3 comments:

Pat said...

I have been having a hard time posting a comment on your blog. We'll see if this works. What I wanted to say was that I never tire of your posts telling what Relia says. It is great.

DD4 said...

I love her logic! Thanks for sharing, Peder.

Meigan said...

"Eggplants could be supper" - you have a budding vegetarian on your hands!