Monday, March 25, 2013

From August 2012

[Quite a bit of this is Olympics related.]

Leo loves it when they swim. He shakes and kicks and giggles.

Felix was handing out little trucks to Relia and I. We simply took them and held them. After a minute Relia asked him 'why are we holding trucks?'. He looked at us and simply said, 'I don't know'.
He could not be more my son.


I humbly submit that the 'unofficial' sports of the 1900 Olympic games in Paris were nothing short of awesome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Summer_Olympics#Unofficial_sports

Suggested Olympic events (that I wish I'd thought of two weeks ago):
4 X 400 meter speed dating


If I was in a bar brawl with some Olympic athletes, I'd want to be there with some water polo players.

Finally watching the Olympic opening ceremonies with Relia. I just explained who James Bond is by saying "he's kind of like a human Perry the Platypus". She got that right away.

Found Relia and Felix on the porch spiking baby dolls. Relia helpfully explained, "we're evil villains".
Oh.


Felix's bedtime routine keeps getting more and more complicated. And every single item on the list is absolutely crucial. It's like I'm raising a protocol droid.

Felix just asked if he can have a 'free breakfast'. Next he'll ask us to stop charging for Wi-Fi!

Today I told Relia that I was sorry that I'm such a stick in the mud. She said, "A stick in the mud is fun! You can draw letters with it!". I'm not sure if she was reassuring me or saying that I didn't even rise to that level of fun.

Can you give children away on Craigslist? Asking for a friend.

As a penalty, Relia can't pick what's on the TV today. Right now I'm showing her 'Much Ado About Nothing'. I thought about doing 'Henry V' but I'm not quite that cruel.

Soundtrack of our house:
Me: I'm going to put some clean clothes on Felix.
(frantic sound of running feet)
Felix: Nooooooooo!


Aurelia starts kindergarten today. It doesn't seem possible that she's old enough but somehow she is! Good luck, sweetheart!

Relia's first day went just fine. She had made a friend (at least one) on the bus. She told me about the kids she is sitting near. They have names like Dasher, Korval and Lover. I kind of doubt that any of those names are right...
She said that she get kicked while on the playground. She demonstrated this with a move right out of 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'. This was reported to a Miss Guinea Pig, another name which I'm doubting is quite right.
A bit of drama coming home as she got off at the wrong bus stop. For whatever reason, her bus stops at each end of our block. Sarah went to wait at the correct one but she chose differently. We got it all figured out with no problem.
She is excited for tomorrow. Felix, meanwhile, is bummed about the whole thing. He figures that he is also ready for kindergarten and doesn't want to hear differently. Leo hasn't shared an opinion either way yet.


              

No comments: