Monday, February 11, 2008

In praise of Flannel

We ran some errands yesterday and ended up at Target (big surprise). While we scooted past the bedding section we stopped to look for a little gift to ourselves. You see, a few years back I bought a big flannel sheet. A king size for our full size bed but that means we don't have to fight over it.
The flannel sheet is wonderful and all, but any advantage it gives is negated by the cotton fitted sheet. That thing is like ice. Seriously, you don't dare move at night because you'll have to warm a new section of it.
The solution? A flannel fitted sheet. Which was not sold separately. So we bought a full kit of flannel and refitted the bed last night. The difference? It's wonderful! In fact, I wish I could go back to bed right now...

3 comments:

MamaD4 said...

Get thee an electric blanket or an electric mattress pad!

Seriously, it saved our lives and our marriage in Newport! I'm not sure how much longer Hans would have put up with my freezing cold feet lodged under him to warm them up...I refuse to wear socks to bed.

You crank the electric blanket up an hour before you go to bed, so you'll never have to slip into a cold bed again.

DD4 said...

I'm a big fan of flannel sheets!

Peder said...

We have an electric blanket and it works well. The only problem is that it slips off the foot of the bed every night. We could tuck it in but I can't stand to have my feet pinned. And yes, I swear by it too!