Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl prep

To recap, I think that the Patriots will win but not cover. The line is 12 points and I think the Giants can keep it closer than that. That seems reasonable to me (either that or I'm just taking the cowards route and splitting the baby).
Who do I want to win? That's a tough call. The Patriots cheated and any kind of ultimate justice should ask them to lose. (This story, about the Pats/Rams game after the 2001 season reinforces that.)
But root for the Giants? I still can't get over 41-0. Nor can I really wish good fortune on another New York team. Of course that last point also holds true for the Boston area (five championships this decade and the top NBA team this season). Frankly these are probably my second and third least favorite teams. Maybe I should cheer for widespread power outages. New York and Boston fans are some of the smuggest unlikeables in major sports. None of that will change after tonight. Let's just hope for a good, exciting game.
So what's left? The commercials of course. I'll try to come back later tonight and mention the best ads of the game (with YouTube links if possible). Feel free to leave nominations in the comment section if you'd like.
Enjoy!

No comments: