Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Relia update

She's doing fine. Well, mostly. She has (probably) a low level ear infection which is making it hard for her to sleep. Last night was better, for me anyway. The FP Gal basically held her all night, which seemed to help. Tonight will be my night.
She's not running a fever or anything. She seems to do better if she can be elevated or upright so we might have to rig something. We'll get through it somehow.
One (possible) point of interest, the pediatrician prescribed amoxicillin for her. That's one of the few drugs that I'm allergic to. They told us to keep an eye on her after we gave it and there were no bad side-effects.
Anyhoo, she's screaming up a storm right now but it's typical nighttime stuff. Let's just hope I don't have to update this about four hours from now.

3 comments:

carrster said...

Poor girl! That stinks. My childhood was riddled with ear infections. Ugh - I'm hoping Dahlia's is not...

As far as sleeping - have you tried letting her sleep in a bouncy seat (If you have one...?)? Since Dahlia has reflux she spends many nights sleeping in an 'upright' position - it seems to help (her and US!). Or you could try propping her crib mattress up at an angle...? Good luck! I hope she is feeling better soon!!

Peder said...

We're experimenting a bit with upright sleeping. It helps some mornings, that's for sure.

DD4 said...

Like carrster, you also had many earaches when you were young. In fact, one of your eardrums was punctured (sorry, I can't recall which one now). You were older than Aurelia - maybe 4 years old. Once you had to be on three different antibiotics before they found one that worked. I hope Aurelia is all better now.