Thursday, April 16, 2009

Best Police Songs

Ok, so I didn't get the agreement that I expected on the 'Every Little Thing She Does is Magic' question. We got one vote for 'Message in a Bottle' and two votes for 'Every Breath You Take'. Let's see what google thinks...
  • First link has the top song as 'Don't Stand So Close to Me'. 'Magic' is number five. 'Breath' is number seven. I'd argue that the entire list should be disqualified because 'De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da' shouldn't be anywhere near a top ten list and it's number four.
  • Link two goes with 'Roxanne' at the top with 'Message' in second. They have 'Breath' at four and 'Magic' at six. But then they go off the tracks with 'De Do Do Do' at number eight.
  • Link three is a top 25 list. They go with...'Voices in My Head'. Actually that list must be the deep cut list where songs are heavily penalized for being popular.
  • Number four is a top 10 list. They've got 'Beds too Big Without You', which is a great song, at number one. They have 'Magic' at five. I'm coming to believe that I'm in the minority for my hatred of 'De Do Do Do' because they have it at six.
  • And the fifth one advertises a top five but goes all the way to eleven. Number one is 'Don't Stand' and has 'Breath' at number two. 'Magic' is at six.
  • Six has 'Breath' as the best and 'Magic' at four.
And that's all I can quickly find. No conclusive top song (which speaks well for 'the Police') but I guess my theory wasn't very obvious.

3 comments:

Jen said...

G says, "Murder by numbers"

MamaD4 said...

I'm definitely digging out my Best Of album today...the kids are looking at me strangely because I keep bursting into song over here...

Old School said...

Thanks for the link.

I agree that "Every Little Thing..." is probably their most FUN song.

My favorite is probably "Don't Stand So Close To Me" and "Synchronicity II" but I really think that "Every Breath You Take" has to be the best.

I agree with you that they have such a wide range of great songs and the fact there is such a variance just goes to prove the greatness.