Sunday, April 19, 2009

End of the weekend

Ugh, I could use another day off. Today I drove down to Austin to surprise Dad and spend a little time with him. Was only down for a couple of hours and then buzzed back up here and helped move a bed.
That's right, we got a toddler bed for Relia. She won't be in it yet and I'm not sure what the schedule is but it'll be cute when it's done. (The FP Gal is overhead right now doing a practice construction. Only a few loud crashes and no loud cursing yet. I take that as a good sign.)
We picked the bed up in the small town of Hugo. The development was laid out with a Victor Hugo theme and the streets were named after characters from 'Les Miserables'. I liked it. We discussed other towns for which that would work and now I fervently hope that if someone creates a development in Austin that they name the streets after Jane Austen novels.
Speaking of Hugo (the town) we were curious if it was named after Victor Hugo or not. I suggested that it could have been. Hugo (the author) was popular over the later half of the 19th century and that's when a large portion of this area was settled. What does Wikipedia say? Uh...it wasn't named Hugo until 1906, which doesn't help my theory. But the historical society says that it was named after him. The world may never know.

No comments: