Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Great, great disappointment

The FP Gal has some old Sesame Street episodes on DVD. This has become a reliable distraction/source of contentment for Relia. But not so much for the FP Gal.
You see Relia loves it when Ernie comes on the screen. When she does she gets very excited and yells..."Elmo!". This could hardly upset the FP Gal more. Elmo of course is not authentic. I have to agree with this completely because he certainly wasn't on the show when I was young either. (Of course he's not as bad as Bert, but still.)
This morning, after a sketch where Ernie tried showing off his counting but kept getting stuck on 3, I heard the FP Gal carefully explaining that Elmo is 'yucky'.
This should be interesting...

3 comments:

Alfred T. Mahan said...

I want in on this action!

However, just to show that a) Ernie is nowhere near as irksome/evil as Elmo, and b) Bert's much cooler than he is evil, I present...

Bert is it!Ernie counts sheep (I love this one! :])

Kate said...

La la la Linoleum....

carrster said...

I have to admit, I love Elmo. I think he's cute & I like his voice & his laugh, but most importantly I LOVE how Dahlia's face lights up when she sees him (I also like Abby Cadabby for the same reason).

I do not care much for "Baby Bear" however. That one irks the crap out of me.