Saturday, April 04, 2009

A Night out

Last night we dropped Relia off with Grandma D and spent the night in a hotel. It was wonderful (well, mostly).
We stopped by Mom's about 5p with baby. We quickly got her inside and situated. She loves my Mom's piano and is very cute while playing it. The canary is also a novelty and she learned how to say 'peep!'.
Then off to the hotel, Le Bourget, in Bloomington. We've stayed there in the past and it's a nice enough place. We dropped our stuff and then off to the Macaroni Grill for dinner. It was my first time there. The food was good and the service was excellent. Then a quick trip to Dairy Queen so the FP Gal could have an after dinner cone.
Back to the hotel and I got a quick nap to get rid of my nagging headache. The FP Gal went off for some discount shopping. When she got back we discovered that the cable didn't include E! so we couldn't watch 'The Soup' which was very disappointing.
Off to the pool. Floating around was very nice. The water was nice and warm which I liked more than the FP Gal did. Back up to the room to shower off the chlorine.
And here was my only complaint of the hotel. They didn't have traditional pillows on the bed. Instead they had throw pillows. They were too puffy and didn't have any 'sweet spot'. I didn't sleep well. Le Bourget, please change back.
This morning featured breakfast at Perkins and then home. The kitties were thrilled to see us. Hungry as well. Naps all around and the date was over.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Woo to the Hoo! A whole night alone! And I always bring my own pillows. I'm SO weird like that.