Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Storm update

Remember that snowstorm I mentioned Sunday night? Well it finally arrived overnight and dumped a vicious quarter inch of snow on us. People are scrambling to find snow brushes and hats, I'm sure. The weather people assure us that another couple of inches are imminent. We'll see.
Open question: have the local weather people underestimated a snowstorm here in the Cities sometime over the last ten years? I can't remember any time. I talk with people from all over the country and they do sometime exceed the forecasted weather. Really, it happens.
Not that I'm cheering for snow, mind you. I could use a couple of days in the 60's. (Well, if I'm wishing for stuff it would be in the 80's and I'd be on a beach somewhere warm.)
Anyway, be careful out there. And remember to wear a hat...

1 comment:

Kate said...

They closed school here in anticipation of The Big One. And all we got was some drizzle which didn't even freeze.