Thursday, April 30, 2009

Movie trailer mismatch

You may not know this but movie trailers rarely feature music that will actually be in that particular movie. I think this is because the music is one of the last things finished so they have to go with something else. This is both irritating and fascinating to me. It's irritating because a movie's score does quite a bit for me and more than once I've been sold by a trailer only to be let down by the actual score (see 'Legends of the Fall'). On the other hand, it's kind of interesting to track down the actual piece.
Today I put on 'Finding Nemo' to see if Relia cares about cartoons yet. The first trailer is for 'The Incredibles'. Can you name the movie that they stole this from?

Andrew, I expect you to know this even if no one else does...

5 comments:

AML said...

Great music, and perfect for the scene/trailer, but I can't place it...

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Boy, that sounds James Bond-y...

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Dr. No?

Peder said...

Andrew, right series, wrong movie.

Peder said...

No need to draw it out, the music is from 'In Her Majesty's Secret Service'.