Monday, April 13, 2009

Yet another level of parenting

We had another rough night last night (one that the FP Gal eventually fixed around 130a with a waffle). The crying started a little after ten. First there was coughing and we weren't sure what to do. We wondered if this was teething related and if she needed some painkiller. Then the crying started and we decided to give it a try.
I went into her room and gave her some Tylenol. Then I washed out the dropper and went back in to have her drink some water. She was already laying down again and facing away from the door. Back out of the room, but not before tripping over something and making more noise.
No sooner did I get back into bed before she started calling me. The worst part was that for the first time she was calling for me by name. "Daddy! Daddy!" Talk about heart-wrenching!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh Peder. I would have cried. And there's no way I couldn't have gone in there.